Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hari Raya Holidays

Last week, from 19 to 27 of September, school was off for the Hari Raya Aidil Fitri holidays. Hopefully everybody enjoyed their raya holidays.

This week school starts again. All students will have to buck up coz all the major exams are just around the corner. The form 5 are finishing their trial exam tomorrow. I've checked through some of my students mathematics paper 2 answer scripts. They didn't do as well as I expected them to. Every time I marked my student's paper, the same question will pop up. What did I do wrong? The students were not able to answer the same type of questions that were discussed in class. Sometimes the only conclusion that I can make is not all people are able to do math.

1 comment:

  1. When I was in secondary school that was in 1974-75, I was the only student not taking math for the MCE (now SPM)and my chinese math teacher didnt say anything about it. Why I skip math? Cos at that time I couldn't see any linkage math with everyday normal life. When I get involved with computer, then only I realise the importance of understanding the binary concept and all other stuffs. So think positvely,,it is not your fault but your students still cannot see the connection of learning algebra for example with their normal life ahead..unless they take up enginnerring. So try a different approach and you and they will succeed.

    ReplyDelete